The first HTP Seakayak with SKEG!
The SkegYak is a classic but modern British shaped seakayak with a heavy rocker, perfect for surfing in waves. It tracks well with the help of the Skeg for tracking in all wind directions, but is very manoeuvrable when drawn up making it incredible fun to paddle.
- Innovative seat-system with low white water backrest system.
- 3-D thigh braces for a best possible and fully adjustable contact when paddling on the edge
- SeaDog footrest system
- SKEG Box (easily maintained, repaired and replaceable)
A big difference to most other seakayaks on the market is our bulkhead-hatch-system - neopren-hatch + pe-hatch. It is unique because:
- The openings are aligned to the shape of the kayak in the best possible way (rectangular oval). By this, it is possible to easily put bigger luggage inside (compared to the standard round rubber hatches)
- It is lighter than rubber hatches
- During cold weather conditions, the Prijon Neoprene-PE system is easier to open than rubber hatches
- Streamlined shape, similar to the deck (less wind and water resistance)
LENGTH 509 cm
WIDTH 56 cm
WEIGHT 29 kg
VOLUME appr. 360 L
CAPACITY 130 kg
COCKPIT 3 (88 cm)
PADDLERWEIGHT 70 - 110 kg
TRACKING 9 (without Skeg: 6)
AGILITY 9 (with Skeg: 5)
Assessment: 1 low - 10 very good
Tracking and agility can be influenced
by using steering equipment.
> PERIMETER LINE
STORAGE FRONT 55 L
STORAGE BACK 112 L